Friday 21 January 2011

ENTERPRISE WEEK

From 8th of November through to 15th of November students of Bucks New University were able to attend a number of seminars being held at the university’s Gateway building.

One of the events was called ‘’Interview with the Vampire’s sound designer’’. The speech was given by award winning sound designer, sound recordist and sound supervisor – Dean Humphreys. During the seminar he spoke mostly about his career as a sound designer, setting up his own business and working with many of the world’s leading directors such as Ridley Scott, Roman Polanski and Luc Besson.
Another seminar I attended was called ‘’The Intrapreneur in our midst’’ and was presented by entrepreneur and marketing executive Marcus Bicknell. He spoke about starting his businesses, his successes and failures. It was very interesting listening to his experience with opening up businesses.
He presented with a great sense of humour and also at the end provided students with help and hints about setting up a business, where to get ideas from, the qualities of a good entrepreneur and how to become a successful entrepreneur.

In my opinion ‘’The Intrapreneur in our midst’’ was much more informative and helpful to me, mostly because his seminar had a lot in common with my Business course. The event was very interesting, well-organized and beneficial.  I think his speech was an inspiration to students and it really made me think more about my future.

I think The Enterprise week seminar with Marcus Bicknell has definitely influenced my career aspirations. I can say I derived many benefits from his speech making me think differently about my future.

1 comment:

  1. You obviously enjoyed this presentation but you need to be more specific instead of generalistic in your comments, How? Why? etc

    ReplyDelete